Marriage Preparation Requirements, Schedule and Cost
To participate in the marriage preparation program offered at the Archdiocese of Washington’s Pastoral Center, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- The preparation process must begin at least six months before your desired wedding date. The first step is to contact your parish.
- At least one of you must be a registered member of a parish, and live within the Archdiocese of Washington’s geographical boundaries.
- The couple must have an interview with their pastor, or the priest or deacon in charge of marriage preparation in the parish.
- If the wedding will take place in another diocese or country, the couple is responsible for fulfilling the requirements in that location.
- Please allow enough time for all paperwork to be processed.
Marriage Preparation Schedule - Registration for all locations is required. For additional information or to register, contact the Office for Evangelization and Family Life at 301-853-4546.
The Archdiocesan marriage preparation program is held on consecutive Saturdays, 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Couples must attend both days. Cost: $205/couple, which covers refreshments, continental breakfast, lunch and preparation materials.