Excellence. That one word sums up the standards we set for each classroom in every school throughout the Archdiocese of Washington. Excellence extends beyond academics and curriculum. It permeates everything we do.
- Education for the whole child: body, mind, and spirit
- A fully aligned instructional system: standards, assessment, curriculum and instruction
- Grade A standards
- A rigorous academic curriculum
- Preparation for success in college, careers, vocations and service
- Partnering with you in your student’s education
- A community of faith where students grow in love for God and all people
Golden Apple Awards
An excellent curriculum only comes alive with excellent teaching. The Golden Apple Awards recognize vibrant, dedicated people who make a difference to our students in classrooms across the archdiocese. Winners are nominated and chosen by students, teachers and colleagues.
Blue Ribbon Schools
Excellence in our schools has not gone unnoticed nationally. Each year the U.S. Department of Education recognizes public and private elementary, middle and high schools where students perform at very high levels or where significant improvements are being made in students’ levels of academic achievement. Competition is stiff.
The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program is a trademark of excellence, a symbol of quality recognized by everyone from parents to policymakers in thousands of communities.
Each year we add three to five more schools in our archdiocese to join prestigious circle.