Welcome! We invite you to explore this site and its resources whether you are getting married, want to enrich your marriage or just learn more about marriage.
“My dear friends, you have come together in this church so that the Lord may seal and strengthen your love in the presence of the Church’s minister and this community. Christ abundantly blesses this love.” (From the Rite of Marriage)
Listen to talks from the 2011 Marriage Summit
Catholics from the Archdiocese of Washington gathered on the weekend of October 1 for a two-day Marriage Summit to reflect on the meaning of marriage for family and society, and to strengthen relationships both before and throughout marriage. The event was held at The Catholic University of America and featured a Mass celebrated by Cardinal Donald Wuerl, Archbishop of Washington.
Archdiocese of Washington Marriage Summit:
"Tackling the Tough Questions about Marriage"
(Download MP3 audio files of the talks)
- The Truth of the Human Person as Seen Through the Vocation to Marriage
Fr. Brian Bransfield
- Male and Female He Made Them: Sexual Difference and the Vocation to Love
Dr. John Grabowski
- The Long Legal Revolt Against Human Nature
Marriage Matters (PDFs)
Read, share or discuss in small groups - reflections will be added as available
- Life, Love and Wedding Bells (La vida, el amor y los planes de boda)
- Why Get Married in the Church (¿Por qué debo casarme por la Iglesia?)
- A Heart for Service (Con espíritu de servicio)
- All in the Family (Todo en familia)
- A School of Love (Escuela de amor)
- Same Sex Marriage: Why the Church Cares (Matrimonios del mismo sexo: por qué se preocupa la Iglesia) • brochure format
Reflections on Marriage and Family Life (PDFs)
- Scripture Passages on Marriage and Family Life (Pasajes de la Sagrada Escritura sobre el Matrimonio y la Vida Familiar)
- The Family: A School of Love (La familia: Una escuela de Amor) This reflection draws from the writings of St. Paul and the speeches of Pope Benedict XVI during his visit to the U.S.
Office for Evangelization and Family Life
Associate Director of the Office for Evangelization and Family Life