Natural Class Schedule
“Called to give life, spouses share in the creative power and fatherhood of God. Married couples should regard it as their proper mission to transmit human life and to educate their children; they should realize that they are thereby cooperating with the love of God the Creator and are, in a certain sense, its interpreters. They will fulfill this duty with a sense of human and Christian responsibility." (Catechism of the Catholic Church, para. 2367)
Have you ever considered learning about Natural Family Planning?
Natural Family Planning is a morally sound and highly effective method for couples to manage their fertility in a way that respects God and each other. Instead of wrestling with their fertility or working against it; couples are trained to understand, and then cooperate with, their naturally occurring fertility signals in order to make informed and prayerful decisions regarding the growth of their family.
Natural Family Planning is a modern, scientifically proven method which seeks to identify the naturally occurring changes a woman’s body goes through during the window of fertility in each cycle. Based upon their observations, couples are empowered to act accordingly, to either seek pregancy or avoid it for the time being.
Couples who incorporate NFP into their lives experience many benefits not limited to the following:
- Better communication between spouses
- Increased respect for each other
- Peace of mind, heart and body
- Increased awe and wonder at the potential of fertility
- A deeper appreciation for children
Some of the other benefits of Natural Family Planning are:
- It is extremely effective.
- It is green. It is all natural, completely safe and there are no harmful side effects.
- It is morally sound and completely consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- It is virtually free and very easy to learn and practice.
- It is useful throughout a woman’s reproductive years including breastfeeding, peri-menopause, post-partum.
- It is custom tailored to each individual woman’s cycle, regular or irregular.
- Find an NFP class an NFP class near you (click on NFP)
- Ask questions about NFP or register for a course: Office of Family Life, 301-853-5337
- Learn more about NFP about NFP and the various NFP methods on this site
- NFP methods available in the Archdiocese of Washington
- Couple to Couple League
- Archdiocese of Washington Sympto-Thermal Method (see contacts above for classes and information)
- Billings Ovulation Method
- Family of the Americas Ovulation Method
- Creighton Model Fertility Care System
“If therefore there are well-grounded reasons for spacing births, arising from the physical or psychological condition of husband or wife, or from external circumstances, the Church teaches that married people may then take advantage of the natural cycles immanent in the reproductive system and engage in marital intercourse only during those times that are infertile, thus controlling birth in a way which does not in the least offend the moral principles which We have just explained.” (Humanae Vitae, 16)