Prayer for Vocations
Let Us Pray
Let us pray that more women and men may respond to that call through religious life.
Heavenly Father, we thank you for the gift of the priesthood and consecrated life.
We beseech your Holy Spirit to inspire men and women in the Archdiocese of Washington to answer the call to the priesthood and consecrated life.
Give them the courage to embrace their vocation, the faith and zeal to follow You with joy, and the perseverance to remain loyal friends of your Son.
Please protect and strengthen our seminarians, priests, deacons, brothers and religious sisters.
Help all Christians to become better disciples of Jesus, and when our earthly pilgrimage is complete, bring us to the joy of your Kingdom. We ask this through Christ Our Lord. Amen.
To Become a Member of the Blessed Teresa Society, please contact Jenny Mulhare in the Office of Priest Vocations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-853-4580.
As a member of the Blessed Teresa of Calcutta Vocation Society (BTCVS), you are asked to:
PRAY daily for an increase in vocations to the priesthood and consecrated life.
PRAY daily for the perseverance and an outpouring of graces for the seminarians, priests, deacons, and men and women in the consecrated life.
Suggested prayerful offerings as a member:
- Offer daily the vocation prayer on this pamphlet.
- Pray the Rosary daily for vocations or offer a decade of the Rosary daily.
- Pray in front of the Blessed Sacrament.
- Include vocations in your Mass intentions (or offer one Mass a month for vocations).
- Offer a share of your sufferings for the perseverance of priests, deacons and consecrated men and women.
Your commitment of prayer to the BTCVS offers you:
- Invitations to Days of Reflection, Ordination events, and Holy Hours.
- VocationNews newsletter mailings.
- Offering of Mass for the intentions of BTCVS members on Days of Reflection.