Embracing the Gospel of Life
“And so America: If you want peace, work for justice. If you want justice, defend life. If you want life, embrace the truth – the truth revealed by God.” - Pope John Paul II, 1999 visit to St. Louis
The Pro-Life Office was established in 1990 to promote a greater respect for human life and to be a catalyst for advocacy, education, evangelization, direct assistance and spiritual efforts on behalf of God's great gift of human life and human love. For more information, please contact us.
- Development of educational pieces, presentations and spiritual activities concerning chastity, sexuality, contraception, abortion, assisted suicide, the care of the sick and dying, stem cell research, cloning, the death penalty and more.
- Coordination and promotion of chastity and youth-related pro-life efforts.
- Coordination of grassroots response to various issues and events via a network of parish coordinators, contacts and collaboration with the Archdiocesan Legislative Network.
- Development of an archdiocesan response to pornography-related issues as well as the promotion of decency and chastity.
- Promotion of the Catechism, Evangelium Vitae-The Gospel of Life, Humanae Vitae and many other church documents and teachings.
- Respect Life Month: October.
- Fall Chastity Day: 6-8 locations for Catholic school students in grades 7-8 as well as evening programs for religious education students, youth groups, and high school students.
- Pornography Awareness Week: Last week in October
- Pro-Life Retreat
- Prayer Vigil for Life: December 8-9
- Pro-Life Prayer Team Annual Calendar - Pray for Archdiocesan priests, deacons, seminarians
- National Prayer Vigil and Mass for Life: Eve of the March for Life.
- Rally for Life and Youth Mass at the Verizon Center: Morning of the March for Life (on or near January 22).
- Candlelight Maryland March for Life in Annapolis: First Monday in March.
- Archdiocesan Parish Pro-Life Coordinators conference: April
- Conferences on compassionate care of the sick, terminally ill, and persons with disabilities
- Abortion Awareness Month in the Black Community: June
- Rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy at local abortion facilities held weekly