Post Event Youth Activities
No Imitations: why settle when you can have the real thing?
Living Chastity in the Real World Post-Lesson
Goals for students:
- Learn that chastity is a yes to God and to love
- Review chastity as a life long goal throughout all states of life (married, single, consecrated)
- Recognize the difficulties that come from not living a chaste life
- Discuss and come up with concrete plans for living a chaste life
- Increase understanding of the mercy of God especially through confession.
Prayers/Meditation: Prayer for Purity of Heart
Lord, help me to accept and receive my sexuality as a gift from you. Grant me the grace to resist the many lies that distort this divine gift and help me to live my sexuality according to the truth of self-giving love. Grant me purity of heart so that I might see the image of your glory in the beauty of others, and one day see you face to face. Amen.
Catechetical Formation in Chaste Living: Guidelines for Curriculum Design and Publication, Part 1, Section A: 21-31
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops/Education
Catechism of the Catholic Church: 2338-2343, 2517-2527
- What are some practical ways that you can deal with temptations?
- List good reasons for living a chaste lifestyle.
- What are some ways that choosing to not live a life of chastity can harm you?
Icebreaker/Activities: (PDF files to download)
1 Corinthians 6:19
St. Maria Goretti • St. Augustine